游客

Shining Through Centre

帖子 游客 » 周二 3月 26, 2019 10:07 am

机构负责人 Supervisor Name:
机构名称Service Provider Name: Shining Through Centre
地址Address: Woodbridge
联系信息Contact Info:
简短评价Brief Review:

Very long wait list, in a nice old building. Hear a lot of good things about them from different people, so we went for a tour.

The coordinator meet us is very knowledgeable. The rooms are very small and many stairs in the hold building. They have a fixed schedule if we want to start training like a school, very high price and they charged for a whole week when their centre is closed. We do not think is is fair.

头像
khu
注册用户
注册用户
帖子: 2096
注册时间: 周二 3月 12, 2019 10:55 am
国家/城市: 多伦多
联系:

Re: Shining Through Centre

帖子 khu » 周三 3月 27, 2019 1:42 pm

最近小土豆还给Shining Through Centre做了广告。我们找ABA provider的时候,如果我没记错,应该也打过电话给他们,他们全满了。所以根本没机会去谈一下或者看一下环境。这是他们的网址:https://shiningthrough.ca
这是小土豆的视频:
声明:中文译文均为谷歌翻译,外加人工校对。以帮助英文不好的自闭症家长。如有出入,请以原英文出处为准。

游客

Re: Shining Through Centre

帖子 游客 » 周六 5月 11, 2019 3:54 pm

My son went there many years ago. It was VERY bad experience, me and my husband ended up gave them a one month notice and pay them one month of $5000 to just keep our son home to leave there. My son is high needs, they couldn't help with his behaviours at all, schedule new therapist to work with my son the first week. When they try to do the behaviour assessment in the one way mirror room, my son saw us and waving hi to us from the other side of the mirror...

My son has very severe seasonal allergy and cat allergy, they assigned a primary therapist to work with my son who had a cat at home (which is fine, nobody knows, we don't blame them), when we found out why our son keep sneezing and tearing very badly on some days but not the other, we told the supervisors (Shiri Bartman and Jennifer), explained to them we really like that therapist, our son like her too! But he is sneezing and tearing nonstop, they ignored our request and eventually changed that therapist but with very bad attitude like we are trouble parents. Then when spring time comes, my son allergy got very bad that we had to go to the doctor multiple times, our doctor told us we must tell the centre to keep him inside during lunch and break time because he could not prescribe stronger med to my son, it is already a very strong allergy med he was taking. Shining through completely ignore our request and insisted they must bring my son outside even with the doctor notes! But we pay for a 1:1 service that our son is on 1:1 at all time including lunch and breaks because of his high needs. I even offered ok, then i will come back everyday at lunch and break to take him with me in the car, and they refused. So we terminated service but need a month notice which we understand, but due to our son's health and our doctor recommendation, we ended up have to pay a month and not going for them to let us leave. Very bad experience.

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 1 访客